Tuesday 30 April 2013

Johnny Hates Jazz: The Comeback

This is weird. I doubt there have been many people who, over the last 20 or so years have thought "you know who I really miss from my yuppie bar days? Johnny Hates Jazz". And yet, remarkably, they're back with a new single, video and album. I don't know, maybe it's just me - I think this is a very weird comeback. Not because the song is particularly bad or far out, it's not like they drop a few wub-wubs or anything. It's inoffensively pleasing Radio 2 fodder for the shoulder pads and hairspray generation. But the question I ask myself is is there any need for a new Johnny Hates Jazz record? And if them, who else might crawl out of pop's graveyard? Glen Medeiros?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What about 'Matt Bianco' spotted on a rerun of TOTP but I missed them the first time around.

Phil said...

JHJ need to know it's *magnetised*.